Sunday, March 18, 2007

Snake carver






After descending, we were attracted to a little hut just below the pyramid where a guy was carving and selling things. Ginger wanted to get a snake for Luis. We bargained for awhile and eventually bought the snake for 150 Pesos. I wish I had a close-up picture of it. So we got a picture of the craftsperson and another picture with the pyramid in the background. He told Ginger the name of the tree that the wood came from in spanish and maya. Later on we went back and I video'd him saying the words in spanish and maya, but because I was pretending to be looking at pictures or fiddeling with the camera so he wouldn't know we were filming him, it looks like I'm filming Ginger's rear end. And I didn't get much audio of him saying the name of the tree. I don't know if it's worth posting. I'll reflect upon it before spending the time uploading to youtube. And lastly, we had to get our pictures in there somehow. Otherwise the whole trip could have been photoshopped.

No comments: