Sunday, March 11, 2007

Merida






I'm posting these pictures from downtown Mérida. I the first one you can see our expensive hotel El Casa Del Balám on the left side of the street. Some of you might have been to Mérida before, but in case you haven't, it is a colonial city. The buildings and city plan are old, with lots of little parks and buildings with arches. I like the last picture. I don't know what the building is, but the details on the windows were so pretty. It was next door to the hostel we stayed in on that first night in Mérida, just a few feet down the sidewalk from the Jugos California where, as the careful reader may recall, we may or may not have been infested with intestinal bacteria. Ginger and I have more pictures of Mérida from our last trip there, but we were sick this time and didn't take so many. The weather is good, if you like hot. This was in late January and it was balmy, but it does get blazing hot in the summers.

No comments: