Thursday, March 1, 2007

Salamanders...not Mexico





Those of you who know about my abhorrance of walking in the woods for no reason will intuit that the "Nature Walk" label is my attempt at sarcasm. But funny sarcasm. Not mean sarcasm. In case you don't know me well enough to have heard me rant about it in the past, I LIVE in the freaking woods. I spent a LOT of time in the freaking woods. And my idea of fun does NOT involve wandering around in the woods. I am not a nature goddess. Now, I do like nature. I like living in the woods. I like the idea of nature being out there and I can look at it from my porch, thank you very much. So when Ginger was in town last weekend, of course she wanted to dive into nature and go out looking for salamanders. I went with her. And, amazingly, we found salamanders. Or maybe newts. I don't know the difference and I haven't googled it. But here are the animals we found. We think they represent four different species. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

The third one is definitely an eastern red spotted newt. The fourth one could be a juvenile of the first (slimy slamander). The verdict is still out on that one.
:)