Sunday, February 11, 2007

Finally- Pyramids!


Ginger and I left the island and travelled inland to Mérida where we drank some questionable fruit drinks and got sick. Before the diarrhea set in, however, we rented a car and set out on the Puuc Trail- a circular route that takes you by 5 Puuc Mayan ruins. You can either charter a bus tour or rent a car, otherwise you can't get to all of the 5 ruins. We went to Uxmal first, where I had my first bout of diarrhea at the restroom area just outside the gates to the site. I think that's why I have such a pained expression in some of the pictures. But, trooper pyramid-lover that I am, I forged on and saw the whole site. I want to start off this section of the trip with some video footage I shot at the fabulous ruins of Uxmal. I found what I believe to be iguana guano and just HAD to video it. The sound quality sucks. I think it might be the wind in the background. But you can at least see some of the ruins. The batteries died before we finished touring the site.

No comments: