Monday, February 12, 2007

last Uxmal pictures






The first here is outside the nunnery section, looking back into it (starring me). The next is Ginger with the ball court in the background and some other buildings. The third is a close up of the ball hoop. It has been reconstructed, but some of the original glyphs are still legible. The fourth is Ginger's head behind a statue that looks like a push-me-pull-ye. Both ends are jaguar fronts. The camera batteries were running dangerously low and actually died after that shot, otherwise we would have taken about a million more pictures because the site is sooooo dad-gum pretty. Note the last picture. I could have stayed there all day. I could move there and live at that site. It is peaceful and beautiful and the weather is absolutely perfect.
(Oops! Reverse my description of the last two pictures.)

No comments: