Monday, November 23, 2009

Virginia Highland Games in October





This Highland Games festival was held in some little town in Virginia so I drove like 12 hours to meet Nancy there because Al and the guys were playing. Teribus. That's the name of the band. The first night we went to a scotch tasting event thrown by the sponsors of the festival and Teribus had to play while Nancy and I got to just drink :)
They had really nice cream-puffs too. I am a particular fan of the cream-puff and the eclair - in case you didn't know.
Then Al and EJ and Richard came over and played music in our room till the wee hours.
The festival was the next day and here are a couple of pictures from it.
A lot of people were in costume and several people danced the Highland Fling. Or maybe it was something else, I don't know my Scottish dances. But anyway lots of people were decked out in their coolest Scottish finery so it was total fun. I'll post more pictures of the games and the people.

No comments: