Saturday, November 28, 2009

Alexandria - my hotel room







I stayed 2 nights in Alexandria. In this hotel and I can't remember the name. It had breakfast included and shared bathrooms, but my room had the sweetest little balcony and a fucking gorgeous view of the bay where the lighthouse used to stand. There was a constant breeze in my room. Unfortunately I got food poisoning. I don't know from what. It could have been anything. The breakfast, the sweets, the huge lunch, or the glass of water I forgot and drank at the coffee shop because I was used to drinking tap water in Cairo and forgot you can't anywhere else.
So I sat on my little balcony and ate sweets that I bought at a pastry shop in town and then I started feeling woozy. I made it to one of the shared bathrooms and then didn't know which way to face. It was really bad. I threw up all over my pants and the floor and I couldn't stand up and I thought I was going to die. There. By myself. In Alexandria Egypt. In a strange hotel. In a shared bathroom. And I thought, "what a funny way to die."
Obviously I survived. But it was scary for a bit.
This picture with the plant in the window is the actual bathroom that I was sick in. And this picture of the food, MIGHT be the culprit, although I am more inclined to blame the water.

No comments: