Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Firulaisa, my almost dog


This one might make me cry. But I went to visit my friend Mariana back during Semana Santa. She lives in Tepoztlan (pictures to come in a subsequent post) and she had this dog living at her house that she called Firulaisa. Firu is a wonderful, sweet, awesome dog and I decided that if I could, I would bring her home with me.
I bought my ticket to come home in July and the guy said that I could bring her on the plane, no problem. He said there is a special section under the seats that is pressurized and airconditioned so it doesn't matter what time of year the dog is traveling. He said it would cost me $200 hen I got to the airport.
So, I went back to Mariana's (at great personal expense) taking over a week off work, to get Firulaisa fixed because she was pregnant.
I spent 10 days in hell listening to the idiot Mariana rant about politics that she doesn't understand and lose all control of her emotions. She gets high all the time and has no clue about much. she is completely self-centered and ridiculous.
Anyway, after this miserable trip (but I DID manage to get Firulaisa fixed) I called to check on my reservation only to find out that NO I can't take the dog.
It was going to cost me over $600 to take her. And I don't have that kind of money.
So I don't have a choice. I have to leave her.
I hope I can save some money and somehow find a cheap flight to Mexico in the fall, when there is not an embargo on animals traveling. Then maybe I can go get her. I hope she's still around by then.
I love this little dog.

No comments: