Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tuxtepepper






This cute little shop is on the way home from the Tux van. We walk by it almost every day. This is where Maggie buys her coffee and I usually buy my garlic. I think I'm gonna start buying my granola there too.
But I want to talk a minute about peppers. Seeing the big bins of peppers everywhere here, makes me think that a lot of women are doing a lot of cooking with these peppers. And I have no idea how or what they are making.
I wish I knew.
And I wish I could cook something with them.
These peppers make me daydream of spicy, beautiful, mouthwatering, dishes. Of traditional kitchens and talaveraware and pots of beans steaming in pottery cookers.
It just seems a shame that I will probably always wonder about them.
Maybe one day I'll have a chance to find out what they do with them and what they taste like. Or maybe I wouldn't like it.

No comments: