Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ginger and Luis at Macchu Picchu


So, my sister and her husband went to Peru without me. Waaaaahhhh waaahhh waaahhh!!!! Ok, so they totally needed to go so G could meet Luis's parents. So while there, they went to some Inca ruins, most famous of which is Macchu Picchu. Macchu Picchu was just elected one of the Seven Wonders of the World. I don't know much about it, and, at the risk of getting it all wrong, I'll just say that I THINK that this site was the most sacred city of the Inca and I did read that when the spanish were looting and pillaging, the locals hid the roads to the city and feigned ignorance of its existance so it survived the purge. Anyway, it's a spectacular place (judging by the pictures, anyway). And I want to go there TOOOOOOO!!!!

No comments: