Friday, July 13, 2007

Spots of beauty in my yard




I took these when the rain finally stopped today, just so I could have some pictorial evidence that my yard is not all that bad. I haven't made the flower beds as spectacular as they should be, but there are some pretty nice little places around the compound here. I would like to invest a lot of time in the flowers, but I fear that I'll be moving and it breaks my heart to create a paradise flower garden that I'll have to leave. I'd like to stay, of course, but there's no chance of a job around here that I could do and feel good about myself and the chance for a social life that meets my needs is practically nil in this place. In order to stay here in my jungle, I'll have to have an income source that I can generate from home so that I can travel when I need to to stay sane. That is my ideal and I'm still working on it (admittedly, not all that gung-ho-ed-ly).
Meanwhile, my thesis creeps along, growing ever bigger and more complicated.

No comments: