Friday, July 6, 2007

All My Shoes


This is a picture of all my shoes. Yes, these are all of the shoes that I own. I've been thinking about this for a while now. I own 11 pairs of shoes. That seems excessive. Sometimes I think about all the people in the world who don't have any shoes, or who only have one pair that don't even fit very well. Sometimes the sheer hedonistic lushness of my lifestyle makes me cringe in embarassment. I know I don't have a lot by US standards. I guess I live in poverty in a lot of ways. But compared to the people around the world who live in tiny one-room apartments in overcrowded buildings, or in garbage dumps, I'm living the life of Riley (whoever that is). So, my conundrum: Do I get rid of any of my shoes? And, if so, which ones are to go?
It would have to be some of the platform heels, because I almost never wear them. But which ones? The oldest or the newest? I struggle with the answer to these and other important questions on a pseudo-daily basis. I'm open to suggestions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep 'em all and fight for justice everywhere!!

Getting rid of your shoes isn't going to make anyone else have more. And there's nothing wrong with enjoying them - ok, technically, depending on your philosophical leanings, there could be something wrong, but whatever. Just keep them all.

Love,
GW