Sunday, December 13, 2009

Amsterdam 2009






We had a 9 hour layover in Amsterdam. Mariam wanted to sleep. So AJ and I went into town. We bought tickets from some girl who wanted to offload the ones she and her boyfriend had just used. We don't know if we got ripped off or not because the train service in Amsterdam never checked our tickets. Anyway, we rode from the airport into town and walked around in the central area and I made AJ go to the Red Light district. We got our pictures made in front of all kinds of dens of sin :)
I wanted to stop at a "coffee" shop and smoke a joint, but for some reason we just didn't. We walked by several of them. We did stop for sandwiches at a tiny little cute place. It was really cold and it rained some. But Amsterdam is totally cute. I'll post the less controversial sights of Amsterdam in the next post.
I forgot to say, I saw this poster for Living Colour and was surprised that they are still around. I had to get a picture :)

No comments: