Monday, December 11, 2006

Another day...


Sunny's routine got slightly interrupted today because I had to do some solstice shopping and play Scattergories. But she was totally happy when I got home. I picked her up at my Daddy's and drove her home and carried her inside and fed her. But while I was talking on the phone, Gilligan jumped her. I don't know why. Maybe he thought she was trying to get his food. Or maybe he's jealous because she gets so much special attention. He didn't hurt her, but she was scared. He is three times her weight and she's blind and I'm sure she was terrified. So while I was calming her down I noticed that the lump under her right underarm has gotten a LOT bigger. For over a year it has been about the size of a big marble, but today I noticed it's about as big as the bottom half of my palm. Scary.
Anyway, Gilligan didn't try to hurt her (or he would have) and I guess I need to pay more attention to him too.
But Sunny is still hanging in there.
I'm such a loser, I'm even planning my life around keeping her routine intact over the holidays. But she needs me and I can't let her down. She's asleep right now, so all is right with the world :)

No comments: